- Thanks to a matching gift offer and some generous contributions, Burnaby MoreSports Society (BMS) raised more than $1,500 in December!! Our sincere thanks to all donors!
- BMS received renewed support from our major funding partner SVP Vancouver in late 2018. This strategic grant is critical in helping us grow sustainably to serve more children, youth and families every year. Thank you, SVP!
- Thanks to a new funding partnership with Burnaby School District, we have added two new schools to our program roster this year. This will give more than 100 additional children and youth new opportunities to get active and have fun in our programs each term! See our Programs page for schedule details.
- In September, Beedie Development Group hosted a terrific fundraiser to support our work with children and youth. The BMS team had a lot of fun at the event. Many thanks to Beedie and their event partners!
- BMS is now a member of the Burnaby Board of Trade and we look forward to partnering with local businesses to help even more kids and families in the future.
Our Soccer Festival & Healthy Living Workshops were hosted by Edmonds Community School in June. With good weather and the hard work of our dedicated team of volunteers and staff, we had a fun day of sports and learning outdoors. Many thanks to the community supporters who helped make it happen!
We also had a great Floor Hockey Festival in March!
We offer free after-school recreational sports programs in Burnaby schools. Our sports change throughout the year, so everyone gets a chance to play a favourite sport or develop their skills in something different. Please see our Programs page for more information.
YELL (Youth Engage Learn Lead) offers sports and recreation leadership skills for high school students. Earn valuable certifications, gain work experience, and complete volunteer hours while supporting the Burnaby MoreSports programs for elementary students.
Check out photos of our previous festivals and events!